This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hey I am having problem with my nat type for hosting a minecraft server?
04-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Hey I am having problem with my nat type for hosting a minecraft server?
Hey I have also have that port forwarding problem for minecraft although my router can be pinged it still says port not open or unreachable (using program ppf) I had this nat problem with gaming asswell is it my isp blocking this if so do u have any advice plz?? Any advice welcome!!!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:43 PM

What router do you have?
What kind of Software firewall do you have?

Did you ensure the SPI firewall is off or modified on the router?
Did you ensure your PC's IP hadn't changed after you port forwarded the ports to your specific PC IP?
Did you ensure the port you're forwarding to your PC is allowed within your OS firewall?

If NOT, turn off the SPI firewall, double check your IP on your PC and make sure it's the same IP in your portfowarding rule. You might need to enable WAN IP Pinging option in your router, and you need to add an exception in your firewall for bi-directional traffic over the port you're forwarding to your PC.

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:49 PM

If I remember correctly, and its been 2 years since I set one up, you have to go into your router settings and change your protection status. There are several options on it but I believe port 22 is the best option for MineCraft in particular. Doing it yourself is a lot easier than using a program actually and pretty much ensures success. Sometimes you will find only people in your network can access it , then you have to change even more settings and your firewall. Here is a video that helped me when I started. Hope this sheds some light, I know it can be confusing because a lot of programs lead you to believe they can just change port settings for you but they can not. To access your router you need to google router addresses and try them unless you know it already. You'll need the password and such and some routers require you do it from the computer it was set up on. Again good luck bud.