This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the secret to increasing WWE's ratings?
10-15-2012, 08:38 PM
What is the secret to increasing WWE's ratings?
I truly have so answer to this. WWE is in the mix of maybe taking the title off Punk and word has developed that they MAY draft him to Smackdown to increase starpower. I feel WWE has isolated it's hardcore audience and by doing so, the casual fans are mostly left. 40 percent of the audience are women and children. They seem to only pop for Cena and Orton. What needs to change. I really don't want to see Cena with the title at Mania, but it may just happen. I feel that this "sports entertainment storytelling" needs to stop. Cole is so annoying I have to either mute the tv. With his yelling, bashing, Twitter fetish, and him trying to be a heel, really makes me want to not watch. Also last week had a big game between the Steelers and 49ers. What ways do you feel may increase ratings, as of now, Punk is not the answer, and as much as it pains me, in the WWE's mindset it's hard to market him. Thoughts?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:46 PM

book the current product for everyone not for one group and don't make the matches short

Ads

If CM Punk leaves who will Raw have to bring in the ratings on Monday Nights? I don't even remember who's on what brand anymore seeing as they all show up on the same show week after week. Personally Smackdown would do better with Zack Ryder and John Cena on their brand. Obviously the crowd does not like John Cena on Raw and that means CM Punk should stay.

bringing back a more edgier product and looking at the success of the past and incorporating elements of it in todays wrestling world.....or they could hire me

Stone cold vs the rock.

Wait until summer so there is no competition and then brag about the ratings increase! As a fan the ratings do not mean a damn thing.....and not understanding the advertising side of the equation there is no need to rant about this topic.

So I say to you -- So What.

INTERESTING STORYLINES! Punk is in zero interesting storylines. Stuff like this whole kane situation is great and just watch ratings will be up tonight when kane arrives to reveal why he attacked cena cause its interesting and an actual storyline. If they do take the strap off punk thats just plain retarded. Since he is their biggest star and merch seller.

Undertaker returning to SmackDown!, bringing back the TV-14 rating, John Cena getting drafted to SmackDown! and turning heel.

bulid new stars , make better stoyline, buy tna so that the paper will talk about wwe ,and a harcore fan from the 1990's might tune in.

They can remember how to make a good heel. Heel = evil, not annoying as fuck.
They can make one of the shows TV14 (preferably raw) and leave the other PG.