This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is out links from my web site to another also good for seo purposes , or only links to my site ?
04-08-2014, 07:39 PM
is out links from my web site to another also good for seo purposes , or only links to my site ?
1 of the Tips to Improved Search Engine Ranking for a web-site is to add links all over, to my site this is 1 of the thinks what search engine spiders look at when indexing a website .now is my question if links from my web site out is also good ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:41 PM

Yes they could be good but you need to try them first before knowing for sure.

Hal Smith
URLdreamer Consultant

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:50 PM

Yes it's good to have links going out to other sites, especially if these are high authority sites.
Having outgoing links is very good for various reasons:

- It looks natural in the eyes of search engines
- It helps tell the search engines what your content is about so it can help you rank better.
- Your content will be seen as more authoritative when linking to related articles from high authority sites.

Just make sure you don't overdo things, like adding links everywhere in your content, that can easily lead to lower rankings.

Hope that helps,
Maikel Michiels
04-08-2014, 07:52 PM

If you subscribe to the Link Juice theory, outgoing links can leak away the benefits you gained from incoming links and should be limited. Giving those outgoing links a NoFollow tag should contain the link juice. As Maikel suggests, linking to a few authority sites related to the subject matter of the page should be a positive factor. Linking to 50 different sites with no particular relation to the page linking out is a definite bad for ranking factor, search engine policies state that "any links created for the purposes of search rank manipulation are a violation of the guidelines" a page full of links will have the appearance of a link exchange or paid backlink provider, again te NoFollow tag removes most of the seo benefit to the sites you are linking to and reduces the search engine suspicions of your motives.
04-08-2014, 07:55 PM

Yes off course, it is called as reciprocal linking.