This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I restore a dell laptop?
04-08-2014, 07:40 PM
How can I restore a dell laptop?
My friend gave me his laptop because he lost the charging cable and forgot the password. So I bought a new cable but I want to restore it. please help me because I don know how to.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:44 PM

Restart computer and when screen goes black press f11 and follow the prompts to do a recovery.

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:48 PM

Hey, you need to reinstall your operating system.

There are several ways this can be done, its a complicated process for first timers. Basically you need a new copy of Windows, attach the USB/Flashdrive or insert the disc into your computer and boot up the computer, it will load the set-up and will guide you through the installation, there are a loooot of YouTube videos on how to do this.
04-08-2014, 07:50 PM

This simple free program, NT Offline Password Removal Tool, will fix your problem by removing the password within a minute after you download it and burn it to a CD.

The downloaded file will be a zip file. Double-click on it and you will see an ISO file inside. Double-click on this file and Windows will ask if you want to burn it to a CD. Do this.

Insert the CD in your computer and boot from it. When the computer asks you to make a choice, simply press Enter. It invariably makes the right choice for you. When you are through, reboot the computer without the CD and there will be no password.
04-08-2014, 07:55 PM

You could try to get a Windows Recovery software on a CD then get past that then tamper with the settings from there. You could also re-install the operating system or install a different operating system.
04-08-2014, 08:03 PM

Hi Oblivian,

I am Kaveri from the Dell Social Media Outreach team.

You can do PC restore to bring the system back to factory settings. Please find the steps below to do PC restore.

As soon as you turn on the system tap F8 key 7-8 times to get the recovery option.
Step 1 : After getting to system recovery options click on 6th (last) option - 'dell data safe and emergency back-up' and wait for few seconds for next screen.
Step 2 : On next screen, click on 2nd option – ‘select other system and more options’.
Step 3 : On next screen, click on 2nd option – ‘restore my computer’.
Step 4 : On next screen highlight the option ‘factory image’ and then click on ‘next’.
Step 5 : On next screen click on 2nd option – ‘restore without preserving new and used files’.
Step 6 : Click on – ‘YES’

Note# "Please back up data to avoid data loss while the computer is restored back to Factory settings".

In case of any further assistance Please feel free to contact me directly by sending a reply to this blog.
We would recommend you do not post your private information on a public forum.

Thanks & Regards
KaveriD
#iworkfordell
(You can now follow us on you tube for online video support http://dell.to/18Sb4lF)