This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Class Reunion seems too expensive?
10-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Class Reunion seems too expensive?
Woman organizing class reunion TAKING OUR MONEY?
I have paid my $35, but I thought a number of people would attend. We graduated with 300+ people and only 20 people have RSVP for Beto's because they don't trust this woman.

We're having it at a Mexican restaurant and the most expensive thing I show on the menu is $11.99.
Our $35 per person is suppose to cover our meal, 2 drinks, and live entertainment. I called the restaurant, they always have FREE live entertainment on the patio and there is no deposit. They will charge your card $50 if no one shows up.

Doesn't that sound expensive to you? I want to question her about it on the Reunion Groups page on facebook but I am unsure how to word it. The event is tomorrow.

More people want to just show up and pay for their own food. What are your thoughts on that? A lot of plates are only $8.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:46 PM

Pay when you all show up.

It's too late to do anything about it now since it is tomorrow.

Sorry.

Ads

Sounds right to me, assuming it is in a private space. Probably a special menu. The two drinks (alcohol) cost more than the food. Tax and tip (which will be 20% for a group). Private entertainment. Actually, sounds like a deal.

$35 doesn't seem like a bad price, and I'm guessing you can order any drinks from the menu and that will include the tip as well. I doubt you can get your money back now but you can always ask stating you don't know if you will be able to make it.

For our reunions it is our class president that organizes it. But the money goes into a special account, not to an individual. Then it is paid to the business/restuarant/etc that way. Did you pay her presonally or did it go to an account setup for the class? You could always dispute the charge on your credit card if you really feel like you got burned. I really don't think you can ask on the fb page