This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Virgin Media Internet Problems?
04-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Virgin Media Internet Problems?
Hello Smile Thanks for taking time to read this and I hope someone is able to come up with a solution for me!

I'm with Virgin Media and we have a Super Hub. Not quite sure on the speed. (Apologies now - I'm not very tech-savvy...) We have this thing in our house when if too many electrical appliances are on, it will shut off the electricity until we flick a switch - Safety first! However, whenever we do this, the hub boots up as normal, but has no internet connection for around 20 minutes. It's up and says it's working, but my computer says "No internet connection." Then, after 15-20 minutes, it's fine.

The same happens now, I've spotted, around 1am. Once it hits that time, it just cuts out, even without the power being turned off. Internet access goes and I have to wait another 20 minutes for it to come back on - Then it's all fine again!

Any idea what the problem could be? Help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:48 PM

ring virgin to do a test on the superhub as it could have a fault if it has they will replace

when u switch power back on and its up and running restart pc as pc might not register it being on and might make it quicker on showing you have internet on pc

other than that i cant really think of anything else

you could take the safety thing off your power as most houses can handle more things plugged in than you think
i have a ton of tvs and pcs and virgin boxes and other things on all the time and it doesnt affect my power

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply