This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
if i put things on ebay what chance do i have that people will buy my stuff?
04-08-2014, 07:42 PM
if i put things on ebay what chance do i have that people will buy my stuff?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:46 PM

If you sell your items with an auction style listing with a low starting price, they will always sell. Remember to describe fully and accurately.

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:54 PM

Depends on what you're selling and what you're asking for the experience.

If you're selling something that is popular and you're undercutting the competition's price, then its likely to sell.

If you're selling something that's not popular and its way overpriced, you're likely to not sell it.
04-08-2014, 08:01 PM

People will buy rubbish on e bay go for it.
04-08-2014, 08:06 PM

Hi,

It depends on a lot of factors really. Here are some tips:

- Take good photos of the item(s), don't just use a picture from an online images search.

- Be open/honest about the item(s), and don't mislead as that will mean potential returns/refunds.

- 99p opening bids work well. Just because an item starts off that cheap it doesn't mean it'll be sold under value. If you are not too comfortable doing this; you can set a minimum price for it to sell for.

- Gain positive feedback by buying/selling; this will make your propositions more tempting for some and make yours stand out

- If you choose not to do auction; you can use the Buy It Now style listing. I'd recommend making the "best offer" option available too.

- Set realistic prices based from couriers for shipping items. You don't want to charge too much (putting buyers off), or too little (coming out of your profits).

- Offer free local collection option for those that live near-by.

I've seen all manners of stuff on eBay, people will try to sell anything and most of the time, someone out there will want it!
04-08-2014, 08:07 PM

Honestly not that great. Try amazon. Stuff gets sold super fast there. If u go like 10% Under other listings! Hope this helped Smile
04-08-2014, 08:16 PM

Small!