This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
use a differnet router for sky broadband?
04-08-2014, 07:44 PM
use a differnet router for sky broadband?
I recenty set up fibre broadband with sky
Everything is set up but sky have still not sent me my router!
I do have a dlink dsl router and a couple of spare adsl routers and have even tried linking my laptop directly to the bt openreach box. But nothing works!

Apart from waiting (because im impatient and paying for a service I cant use) what can I do Sad

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:46 PM

First for fibre they need to have connected a fibre modem.Then you can NOT use a DSl router, it talks a totally different language. You need a no DSL router to connect to it. Contact then, tell them you want your router. Normally if they have not sent it the service is not turned on. They do this so that you can not mess everything up by connecting BEFORE the service is on. The engineers normally need to come in and fit a different master outlet first.

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:48 PM

Ring Sky and tell them that you are cancelling the Direct Debit because they have not sent the router, which means you cannot access the service you have paid for.

Sky are usually very helpful and it's likely they will send out another router and give you a couple of free extra months service, so be pleasant but firm.