This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gay & lesbian own businesses in MD, DC & VA?
04-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Gay & lesbian own businesses in MD, DC & VA?
Hello, I am looking for a site where it can tell me where I can find gay & lesbian own businesses. I am looking so I can leave posters or flyers for my LGBT wed series I will be doing. The sites I found are out of date or not easy to navigate. If it helps it's for Maryland, DC & Virginia area. And here is a little more info on what it's about. https://www.facebook.com/TheLGBTSessions
Oh also thank you. Also I forgot to add black gay friendly VA is vary racist.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:52 PM

well, my friend works at a calendar stand owned by two lesbians. it's in the westfield mall in Annapolis Maryland, that's really the only one I know of.

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:56 PM

You will probably have trouble getting addresses for Virginia, since Virginia still frowns on gays and lesbians and businesses owned by LGBT folks keep a lower profile.

You'll have better luck in DC and Maryland.
04-08-2014, 08:03 PM

DC is very LGBT friendly. Even if business aren't LGBT owned they are still inclusive and often have fliers up for LGBT themed shows and events. I'd think most businesses in Georgetown, Dupont Circle, Logan Circle, U Street, Cleveland Park, Adams Morgan, H Street NE, and Barrack's Row would at least be open to posting your fliers. I'd guess you'd have similar luck in any of the close in neighborhoods in VA or MD (Arlington, Alexandria, Silver Spring, Bethesda, etc.) You could also check the Washington Blade to see what businesses advertise in that.

I think any rejection would more likely be store policies against posting fliers in general more than opposition to the subject matter.