This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cyberstalking questions?
04-08-2014, 07:47 PM
Cyberstalking questions?
My brother brought Cyber Stalking charges against me as retliation because I brought charges against him for restitution. (long story short, he stole my new Iphone that was sent to his address, I was homeless at the time and he told me it was ok, there was a tracking number on the package, he has a key on his mailbox, he activated the phone and the mailman remembers delivering the package.)
I contacted him on facebook 2/24/2014 - 03/09/2014 trying to talk him int giving my phone. We argued, we both said nasty things, he would send me a message saying stop harassing me and then send another message arguing with me, antagonizing me. I told him if he didn't want contact with me, to block me.
I ended up blocking him on 3/9/14 after he came into my workplace and made a huge mess, the manager banned him from the store.
He didn't place the charges on me until 2 weeks later. I plan on printing out the facebook messages and getting statements from my managers about him coming to my workplace. I am thinking it would also be a good idea to get a few people to make statements talking about how I usually handle things better than I did.
Is there anything else I can do or bring with me to court to get the case dismissed?
How is it considered cyberstalking when he was arguing back/said more awful things than I did? I even blocked HIM.
Is there anyway to get facebook to send me the messages? That way there's no question it is real?
I am in North Carolina. I really don't know what else there is. I have no reason to hide anything on yahoo answers because I want it gone and I know not telling the truth won't help me at all. It was arguing, every once in awhile, he would put, stop harassing me, but he would also follow up in a separate message with some awful comment. I don't understand why am I being charged with Cyberstalking since we were both arguing. I haven't had contact with him since the 9th, on the day I blocked him.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:50 PM

If the DA actually pressed charges, there must have been some real evidence against you. I feel like there is more to this story than what you are actually telling.

You should also say what state you live in.

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:56 PM

his case is weak. It will cost about 300 to get a lawyer to handle this for you, you may need it. He is the one harassing you and could face criminal charges for making false allegations / statements to police... and for harassing you. Since you were homeless, i assume you may still be low-income. There are legal aid organizaions that will offer free or reduced-cost legal advice. Over here theres a place where I can get a half hour consult for $25. should be able to find a resource like that near you that can guide you through this.

He stole your phone. IT doesn't matter whos address it is, if his name was not on the package, he stole and screwing with the mail is a FELONY. in the future you can get packages/mail delivered to the post office without having a PO box. ITs called "General Delivery" and the USPS offers it but doesn't advertise that they do because they don't make money on it like the PO boxes.