This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is this a fake facebook profile?
04-08-2014, 07:47 PM
is this a fake facebook profile?
so this person that i don't know, that doesn't even have a profile pic on facebook, sent me a friend request. i don't accept friend requests from strangers, so i just left it. i looked to see if we had mutual friends and this person only has 4 friends total. so i think it's a fake profile. i turned my follow button so anyone can follow me even if their not my friends, and i see that this person has followed me, which is a bit creepy. so y would someone make a fake profile and do all this?
could i be someone that i knew?
i'm thinking it could possibly be someone that i knew before that i unfriended

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:51 PM

People that have no life. Be careful

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:59 PM

see.. if u feel its fake ! first thing u are gonna do is that keep that request for a while dont accept nor decline it .. after couple of days open that id and check his pics and his likes done by ppl! it should not be of same gender .. generally males are victims of fake profile ... the reason for sending the fake request is for knowing the secrets of a person or to hack his id!
04-08-2014, 08:02 PM

after they accumulate a bunch of people they start posting wierd stuff.
the other sneaky trick is to copy your friend's profile, but it's fake, and friend you and you think it's real cause they copied your actual friend, then they send you wierd stuff.
All people who request friend are automatically following you
04-08-2014, 08:07 PM

When you have enabled the follow option, Facebook automatically lists anyone who sends you a friend request as following you. So he/she did not MANUALLY go and follow you, it happened automatically.

Yes, it sounds like a fake profile. I would deny the friend request and leave it at that.
04-08-2014, 08:17 PM

Because there are several predators or just heart less people out there that just stalk people. You should block that person. Go to Facebook setting and privacy settings to make some adjustments to making your page safer from strangers or predators.
04-08-2014, 08:25 PM

I think this person has created a fake profile for spying purpose and who knows maybe he's your friend.
04-08-2014, 08:26 PM

Now a day Fake profile is a common process in all social media. It's a way to grab attention from real time user for their product or campaign which help them to make huge traffic and profit from their campaign. So if you want to join any fake person, no problem, just make proper security settings so that they can't access your some information.Or you can simply avoid such kind of request.
04-08-2014, 08:34 PM

why people who make fake facebook account well there can be many reasons. one it can be a bad person who going to only want to get in to your account and find out who you really are and want to steal some information about your personality stuffs or they think you look too pretty to hook up with and want to get toknow you or want to steal your account use for themselve and steal your facebook and you wont able to use it anymore. you should not accept strangers to be your friends . they cant be trusted first time to be friends with them. that reason you should be careful when you do see anyone you dont really know outside and if the person wont leave you alone. you can contact facebook team and report them that someone is bugging you and she or he wouldnt leave me alone. .soon they wont able see or sent anymore requests to you when your on there. they will put on block list . for the follower you only should use it for your closer friends , family members that you really know them . oh yeah you should be careful with fake facebook profiles people can be trickly if they do not have any photos of them and if nothing on their profiles page then dont bother worried about those kind of people. you should also keep your facebook profile on private and keep your pictures ,information private only share with your best friends that goes to same school with you . there is a tool on your privacy settting that allow you to change your stuffs on private and if you want to share whatever you want to share with your facebook friends that on your facebook friends list . you want to change only your closer friends or keep it yourself 'only me" and click save.
04-08-2014, 08:42 PM

Fake
A real person will have loads of friends and they will be people they know, went to school with, work with, family members, etc. They do not contact strangers unless they are scammers