This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Binge drinking questionaire for sociology project.?
04-08-2014, 07:47 PM
Binge drinking questionaire for sociology project.?
Hi guys It would be very much appreciated if you could fill out this questionnaire for my sociology assignment!!
thanks
Binge Drinking Questionnaire
1)What age group are you in?
 18 and under
 18-25
 25-30
 30-35
 35-40
 40-50
 50-60
 60-70
 70+
2)Are you Male or Female?
 Male
 Female
3)How often do you drink alcohol?
 Daily
 Weekly
 Monthly
 Never
 Other (please state)
4)Do you know what the unit guidelines is for weekly alcohol consumption for your gender? If yes please state.
Yes

No

5)Would you consider yourself a binge drinker?
Yes
No
Sometimes
6)Do you believe that the society that we live in is a major component to why people binge drink? Please explain your answer.

7)Do you believe that the extent to which people drink is related to their social class?
Yes
No
Other
8)Do you believe that the media influences your attitude towards binge drinking? Please explain your answer.

For:Strongly AgreeAgreeStrongly DisagreeDisagreeNo OpinionDon't know
Fun
Socializing
Fitting in with peers
Relaxation
Dealing with stress
Rebellion
Social acceptance
9)In your opinion why do you think some people feel the need to binge on alcohol? Please tick which category you feel applies to your attitudes.

10)How would you describe your attitude towards binge drinking?

11)In your opinion, what are the problems that lead from binge drinking?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:53 PM

1) What age group are you in?
 18 and under
 18-25
 25-30
 30-35
 35-40
 40-50
 50-60
 60-70
 70+ X
2) Are you Male or Female?
 Male X
 Female
3) How often do you drink alcohol?
 Daily X
 Weekly
 Monthly
 Never
 Other (please state)
4) Do you know what the unit guidelines is for weekly alcohol consumption for your gender? If yes please state.
Yes X

No

5) Would you consider yourself a binge drinker?
Yes
No X
Sometimes
6) Do you believe that the society that we live in is a major component to why people binge drink? Please explain your answer. Not really. People have the freedom to make their own decisions - society does not force them to do anything.

7) Do you believe that the extent to which people drink is related to their social class?
Yes X
No
Other
8) Do you believe that the media influences your attitude towards binge drinking? Please explain your answer. Not mine - but some people are very gullible and believe everything they read in the Daily Mail or see on the BBC

For: Strongly Agree Agree Strongly Disagree Disagree No Opinion Don't know
Fun
Socializing
Fitting in with peers
Relaxation
Dealing with stress
Rebellion
Social acceptance

I do not understand the formatting of this question
9) In your opinion why do you think some people feel the need to binge on alcohol? Please tick which category you feel applies to your attitudes.

I do not understand this question's layout

10) How would you describe your attitude towards binge drinking?

I don't approve of it.

11) In your opinion, what are the problems that lead from binge drinking?

Pregnancy, sickness, strain on the NHS, GBH, stress on others

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:56 PM

1. 25-30
2. Female
3. Weekly
4. Yes. For females, 3 or fewer standard drinks a day and 7 or fewer per week.
5. I would not consider myself a binge drinker currently. In my undergraduate college experience I would say definitely. Currently, I do binge drink a few times/year (wedding/St. Patrick's Day [when not working the next day]...rare events like that).
6. I think that there are societal/social effects on everyone on a daily basis. I have not studied it so it's impossible for me to say, but I do believe that people have a large amount of autonomy to make their own decisions, however their ability to do so (and to do so well) is diminished at a young age (below the age of 25) and at that time in one's life, peer pressure is also a problem. When people get older I think it's easier for them to do what they want.
7. No
8. I do not believe that the media affects MY opinion towards binge drinking, but it most certainly can for younger people and did when I was younger.
9. Don't know what categories you are referring to...but: Do some people feel the need to binge drink? I would say that the answer is yes. Some people can't imagine going to a house party without a plan of what they will be drinking.
10. It's dangerous.
11. Pregnancy, rape, injury, embarrassment, dehydration/blackouts, addiction, strain on finances, stress on yourself and others.
04-08-2014, 08:05 PM

1) 18 - 25
2) Male
3) Weekly
4) No
5) No
6) Yes because people have to put up with too much stress in their lives. I believe most binge drinkers drink to forget, not to have fun.
7) No
8) Yes. Drinking is often glorified in the media so the younger impressionable generation tend to follow the trend.
9) The only category that I don't believe is a reason for binge drinking is relaxation. Most people who understand how to relax with alcohol don't binge drink.
10) I think it's a bad thing. I had a friend who binge drank last year for about 2 months and it was awful.
11) Well binge drinking can cost you your entire life. Family, friends, job, and health can all be destroyed by binge drinking.
04-08-2014, 08:09 PM

60-70