This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to gain Twitter followers I want?
10-01-2012, 12:33 AM
How to gain Twitter followers I want?
I have a twitter account and I have about 200+ followers. But most of them are these companies or spammers. How can I gain followers that will reply to my tweets and I can actually connect too?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 12:41 AM

You could leave your twitter on your polyvore or tumblr or your facebook or any of thouse websites and tell them to follow you! Smile They just might!

Ads

follow more people an they'll follow back an tweet good stuff

that's hard. i know how that feels since i have a bunch of companies and spammers that follow me like KFC Canada, Tetris Battle, A Bike Making Company.... to many to list. i would post it on my facebook status, youtube channel, promote it on a google site you make, find friends on twitter, and many more. so far i don't use twitter cuz of that problem :/

There are several ways to gain more quality followers on twitter.

Make a good avatar.
Write up a good bio.
Tweet well and tweet often*
Ask people to retweet you
Search for tweets with keywords related to your topics of interest.
Use hashtags
Put up "Follow me on Twitter" links on your website, blog, facebook, etc.
Follow people who follow people who are like you.

*What you tweet really counts! Selective followers will also glance at your most recent tweets to see if you're worth following. Be interesting, transparent and provocative. Link to interesting content and news. If your twitter account is for a business, DO NOT SPAM. Don't make all your tweets about your products or services. Less than 15% of your tweets should promote your product or business.
Running contest, offering exclusive discounts, and sharing other interesting links, or information should also help a business twitter account gain more targeted followers.

Also, I've used Devumi's Twitter Services (http://devumi.com/buy-twitter-followers) to boost many of my accounts with more twitter followers. They're not targeted, but it's a great way to gain more credibility and social proof. People are more likely to follow you if you already have a decent following - that what Devumi helps with.

Using all these tips, I've been able to go from 0 to 50,000+ twitter followers on many of the accounts I manage in just a few months. I hope this helps! Smile

Getting followers on Twitter is pivotal to getting your word out. Twitter is used to interact with others in a quick, micro-blogging format. This format can attract almost anyone in any field and is a great free marketing tool. However, remember that on Twitter sometimes quality outranks quantity if you're looking to communicate broadly.