This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why isn't Bing as popular as Google?
04-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Why isn't Bing as popular as Google?
I recently changed my search engine from Google to Bing, and I realised how much nicer the interface and homepage was on Bing. With Google, the nicest thing is the Google Doodle you get every occasion; the nicest thing with Bing is the HD photograph of an interesting place or event every day! The Google homepage allows you to select different categories from there and allows you to search the topics of Google Doodles directly by clicking on it; Bing does all this as well and features News and Images highlights!

I know Google own YouTube which is constantly increasing in poularity (The stupid decisions of the company are why I switched to Bing), but before that Google were still more popular than Bing if my memory serves me correctly and the only real way YouTube contributes to Google's website is by being a link and forcing everyone to make a Google+ account.

So why isn't Bing as popular as Google? I don't understand.

Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:53 PM

Search engines cosmetics are not the reason I use google over anything. It's the relative searches and matches to what I'm looking for. I think most techies can agreed on that. What good is a nicer interface, pictures and all the bells and whistles when you have irrelevant results.

Ads

04-08-2014, 07:59 PM

I live in Spain and find Google better when working in Spanish and English.
04-08-2014, 08:03 PM

Google users are more than Bing users.Google gives better results than bing.This is the reason most of the peoples are using google.
04-08-2014, 08:07 PM

I think searching algorithm of google is more powerful than bing.
Second people don't want change Tongue
04-08-2014, 08:10 PM

Mainly because they way its designed and compared to the functionality of how google services all bounce off Google it just works.
04-08-2014, 08:12 PM

Google supports all languages
04-08-2014, 08:20 PM

Because Google been out longer then Bing.