This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
windows updates disables internet connection?
04-08-2014, 07:51 PM
windows updates disables internet connection?
whenever windows 8(or 7) download updates the internet connection is disables .. this goes for both wireless and local.. after i restart and updates are install my connection is back on. i have notice it that this only occurs when windows updates download the updates .. i have check the drive and reinstalled the drive ... and the same problem still occurs .. i have called a few IT ppl and they suggested to reinstalling the drive(LAN or WIFI) and check compatibility and their no issues with the drive at all. so anyone got any idea if this is just the new protocol of windows updates or if there is a way to disable this interruption. I am running windows 8 on HP Compaq tc4400 with 1.66CPU.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 07:58 PM

Pour hawaiian punch in the harddrive.

Good Luck! Smile

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:07 PM

your pc is too old.
it does not have a UEFI bios
it has out of date power saving features.

You need a UEFI bios for W8 to work properly

you could try turning off all power saving features completely
otherwise install xp or vista
04-08-2014, 08:10 PM

Hello ilie

There are no Windows 7 or Windows 8 drivers for the HP Compaq tc4400 so the default drivers that are being used my be the issue. You can try reinstalling the operating system and try a clean copy of the drivers that may resolve your issue.

As you are running an operating system other than the supported ones from your OEM you may experience issues like this. The only thing you can do is upgrade till you come to a point where you cannot resolve the errors caused by the upgrade than move back a step.

I hope this answers your question. Have a great day!

I work on behalf of HP.