This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I was directed to this site on weebly but am suspicious because weebly isn't a real domain.?
04-08-2014, 07:54 PM
I was directed to this site on weebly but am suspicious because weebly isn't a real domain.?
Does anyone know if sites up on Weebly are ok go conduct business with? I saw a guy jumping around on these spring things and asked him where I could get a pair and he told me to just visit his site. When I looked at the card he gave me it gave me a weebly address. thejumpingginger.weebly.com which did have a bunch of info about them. Then it said to click a link which brought me to the site that sells them. Has anyone heard of this? Is this a scam, because I believe the second site is legit...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:01 PM

Weebly is a web 2 property just like blogger, WordPress and Webs. people create free blogs on weebly and they can upgrade their accounts to create fully functional websites with custom domains. Yes, you can trust and carry out business with them

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:04 PM

Weebly is a blog site. But there is no way to know if the site he linked you to is legit or not. The site actually sellng the items is the one you need to worry about
04-08-2014, 08:11 PM

He gets paid a "referral" fee for everyone who uses his site to get to the selling of the jumpers. He is an "affiliate" of the jumper website. They pay him for driving customers to their site. It should not be dangerous for you to buy the item since you believe the 2nd site is legit. When you order, you can ask the 2nd site about the reliability of the 1st site. If they have no idea what you are talking about, just go directly to the 2nd site instead of thru the link on the 1st site.
04-08-2014, 08:16 PM

There are no credentials required to setup a weebly site, real businesses don't use free hosting like that, it's unfortunately the ideal place for fly by night operators, the have their own domain name, you can usually can look up the owner registration for the site.

In this case it's a relatively harmless affiliate marketer just trying to attract traffic to send to the seller, he may earn about 15% of the sale, the link displayed on the site includes: ?aff=linkconnector
his unique affiliate identification.

Affiliate marketing is one of the most common way people try to make money on the internet, after renting ad space on their sites.