This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What should i do if i need to change the packaging for a sold Ebay item?
04-08-2014, 07:56 PM
What should i do if i need to change the packaging for a sold Ebay item?
I sold an ipod and when i listed it i set the dimensions for shipping using a box i found in my room. It sold right away and i was able to get to the store and found a a better box to ship it in. The old one is long and rectangular the new one is square. Customer paid for shipping already as well. Should i just use the old box or can i change it to use the new box? I don't mine if i have to pay extra for it

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:04 PM

It's not a big deal as the packaging dimensions are only used to determine how much money you get for shipping. Send it in whatever you want as long as it gets there safely.

Also, I would consider using Amazon. You get your money when you mark the item as shipped, not when the bidder feels like paying for it, if they pay for it. Additionally, no bidding -- just list it and wait for it to sell. If that wasn't exciting enough to make the change Amazon also only takes one cut from the sale while eBay will take a cut, and then charge you fees for listing the item once it sells; from my experience these fees are almost the same price as the finders fee(initial deduction).

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply