This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it legal to sell a Facebook page?
10-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Is it legal to sell a Facebook page?
I've got a pretty dormant Facebook page sitting around, and suddenly I'm getting offers from people interested in purchasing it. Some of the offers seem legitimate, however I can't seem to find any rock-solid info on whether or not it's even acceptable to sell a Facebook page. So, the million dollar question here... can you sell a Facebook page? Or does that violate some Term of Agreement?
I should also mention the page has 1.2 million Likes, as of now.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:49 PM

its obviously a scam why would someone want to BUY a facebook page when there free

Ads

I don't see what could be wrong with doing that. I never read the Terms, but it seems like, since you created the page, you should be able to do something like that. I think all that Facebook would actually have to do with it is just the fact that you would have to relinquish your administration over the page to whomever you sell it. But, it's not their business to know why you're switching admins.
I know that this type of thing happens on Twitter all the time; people will buy certain twitter handles from other people, and as far as I know, there's never been any legal trouble.
Just know that if you do this, before you change admins, make sure you get the money because Facebook has nothing to do with the monetary exchange!
Good luck!

even though this sale violates the rules of Facebook, this is not enough to be considered as illegal.