This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you consider Spam? Is any sort of advertising spam?
04-08-2014, 08:03 PM
What do you consider Spam? Is any sort of advertising spam?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:07 PM

Spam is placing advertising messages in places intended for discussions, it is generally placed by someone without the permission of the owner of the web site, legitimate paid advertisements can be annoying but if placed with the approval of the web site operator it's not spam.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:13 PM

Spam is unsolicited messaging (e.g., email, blog comment spam, texts, etc.) Don't do it - if you have to ask whether your message is unsolicited, it probably is. Only sketchy products/services spam.
04-08-2014, 08:14 PM

Unsolicited advertising. Like emails where the recipient has not requested the advertising.
04-08-2014, 08:20 PM

Spam to me is anything I get (email, messages, texts, etc) that I did not ask for. You can have links inside your signature of your email and is generally not spam as long as you don't pitch someone at the same time. Using your blog link is okay. Saying "lose weight the fast way at http://www.mysite.com" is spam. Sending emails to people you know explaining your new venture can be spam depending on how you handle it. If you are genuinely trying to tell someone about your new found glory then not spam. If you are telling them to get them involved...spam.