This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please help, WEP question?
04-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Please help, WEP question?
About 5 months ago i found out that if i typed in my IP address and hit enter on my URL bar, it would pull up my settings and such, and it said that I could change my IP address if I wanted to. So I did. I changed it to some long word, but never wrote it down. And I really need to know the key. How can I reset it without knowing it? Thanks in advance.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:04 PM

Well, the IP address was probably your router, and most all of them can be hard reset (manufactured reset) by pressing and holding the reset button down for 10-20 seconds then releasing.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:08 PM

Well on the router there should be a reset im guessing, but you must mean the network key (password for wifi) and not the ip address. If you cant get on through wifi , plug it in via ethernet and if your lucky you dont need a password to change it. Other than that hacking it might be a last resord, gigafide/Tinkernut on youtube can help with this if it is WEP and not WPA/WPA2