This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best free blog forum?
04-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Best free blog forum?
I really want to start a beauty blog, what's one of the best free blogs that I can use?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:05 PM

Google's http://blogger.com is the biggest, hosting some 1.6 Billion pages, they give you a free subdomain, kinda like a P.O. Box address, looking like: yourbusiness.blogspot.com, you can use a custom domain name obtained at a separate registrar like Godaddy or Namecheap for about $10 a year so the address is yourbusiness.com, with a custom domain you can relocate to to another host without losing all the links and search ranking, a name makes you look more professional as well.

Try Google searching, site:blogspot.com intitle:"Beauty"
to see the Blogger site styles.

Wordpress.com is the free hosted version of the industry standard blog engine, what you learn and develop there can be put to use on a paid hosting account later in your career, Google's Blogger is a proprietary platform only available on their hosting. 17% of the top 1 Million sites are using Wordpress.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:10 PM

That's a good idea to start a blog. You can use blogger, wordpress for creating blog, as those are very friendly.
04-08-2014, 08:16 PM

Hi Rebe, there are lots of free blogging sites available including Wordpress, Blogspot,Weebly, etc. But I would suggest you to go for Wordpress.com, since it is simple, free and comes with plenty of themes and templates to choose from. So try out this blogging platform and feel the difference!
04-08-2014, 08:24 PM

wordpress
04-08-2014, 08:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNHwBe9eM3w