This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blocking A Website For A Certain Amount Of Time?
04-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Blocking A Website For A Certain Amount Of Time?
What I want is to be able to block a website during the weekdays, as in Monday - Friday, as well as on Sundays. I go to an online at home high school and I'm extremely easy to distract and get out of task. I need to find something that works like this, and isn't just a timer. PS: I use Google Chrome.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:05 PM

You can use OpenDNS which is an internet filter that filters inappropriate websites and websites you want to be filtered out. This not only filters the internet from your computer but all devices connected to the internet in your home (like Wii's, iPhones, iPods Xbox, Playstations etc). However, there is not like a schedule of when the websites will be blocked so you will have to go into the settings and adjust it yourself. You would also need change some settings in your router so you're going to need some basic knowledge of your router, and you'll need to sign up with OpenDNS. But the setup is really easy if you just follow the tutorials on the opendns website: opendns.com.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply