This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tumblr redirect page not working?
04-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Tumblr redirect page not working?
I made a tumblr for a project i'm working on, and need to sort the information into certain categories. I went to make a redirect page so I could tag posts (example "Gardens") and they would show up in that page, but the only thing tumblr is giving me is standard and custom. I tried using different themes but it's not working, and I thought maybe it's because the tumblr was made and hour ago? I confirmed the e-mail address and everything. Super clear instructions would help, or other suggestions! thanks in advance!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:12 PM

It sounds like you're doing everything correctly. The only thing that I can suggest is that before you try creating the Redirect page, make absolutely certain that your blog does not already have a page whose name matches what you're putting into the 'Page URL' field of the 'Create A Page' dialog box.

If a page already exists at that URL, the 'Create A Page' dialog will fail silently. It doesn't warn you that the page already exists, it doesn't warn you that you can't alter the type (Standard, Custom or Redirect) of an existing page, it just behaves as if it did what you asked it to do -- but doesn't actually do it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply