This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Netgear Router Suddenly Doesn't Allow Youtube videos to load?
04-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Netgear Router Suddenly Doesn't Allow Youtube videos to load?
Hello,
About 1 week ago my youtube video's just stopped loading. I assumed it would eventually fix itself but it has not. I have not changed anything with my router or security. I called brighthouse today and they had me plug the ethernet cord directly into the computer. The videos then loaded fine. So it has to be something the router is doing. I did a factory reset on the router and it still will not load. It will also not let me download google chrome....which I thought was interesting. Almost like it has a block on google sites. I am able to view the youtube videos through free proxy websites. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this???

Thanks
Craig
I am not sure about the regional limitations. I am in the US, and the videos seem to be originating from US. I think they key to all this is when I bypass my router (use only the modem) it works fine, but when I use my router it block all computers...those on wifi and those directly connected. So it has to be a setting with the router. However, I have not done anything different with the router...and I did a factory reset today and it still doesn't play videos.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:12 PM

Since you can see the videos through a proxy site, is there any kind of regional limitation on the videos? I'm in the UK and sometimes can't see some which originate from overseas.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:14 PM

We suggest employing http://www.vpnpower.net in order to unblock sites. I have been with them since 5 years.
04-08-2014, 08:18 PM

When i highly recommend utilizing http://www.vpnpower.net for you to unblock internet sites. I've been with them since 5 years.