This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
She made me feel awkward. What should i do?
04-08-2014, 08:07 PM
She made me feel awkward. What should i do?
On a summer holiday, I came across a girl from the hotel who found me on a social media site, despite not talking to each other (she came on holiday not long before I left). We are both college students (I'm a year older). We have spoken to each other almost every day for 5 months via text message & occassionally skype. She's smart, nice, cute, and she feels special to me (unlike most girls that I have known). She smiles when I speak to her & seems happy.

We've been very close for those 5 months, and I really didn't want this to end. Recently I asked when would you like to meet up and she said in the summer, which I agreed to as we have exams before-hand. I said it would take time & I want to take it slow as it's difficult, but we can do it, and I might be moving not far from her to a University in September (possibly). I've asked this a few months back too so I kept waiting patiently. She seemed shy about it & barely made eye contact. We used to Skype a lot, laugh a lot and smile a lot, it was brilliant. She loved it & so did I. She said I felt special to her & always make her smile a few weeks ago, because she was really down about her education. Then, I made the effort to speak to her when I was on holiday so she wouldn't miss me. We've talked for ages & I've been nice to her, when she was down. However..

She has said I trust her & she trusts me & I would wait for her, but now I've asked to call her, she says she is busy, and says it more commonly. A week later without talking, she texts:
I'll have to blunt saying this but I want to end it.. It was nice to know you.. I'll struggle with distance.. couldn't cope going further... hope to continue still being friends.
She didn't want to call either which is more disappointing.
She has gone from messaging me every day to barely talking to me for 1-2 weeks and suddenly said this. I couldn't feel worse & more confused. I hadn't done anything wrong in my opinion. She does seem a little emotionally immature at times.

If I'm honest, I feel unbelievably sad and hurt, I couldn't believe it. Is there any way it could work or she'd come back to me in the future? There is a small chance we may see her at the same hotel on holiday this year. I don't think she realises how much effort I put into this & what she is missing out on. It was a strange and kind of selfish way of ending it, and I'm struggling to move on.
First of all, thanks for reading this, it's much appreciated:

It's almost two weeks later and she still hasn't spoken to me. I don't understand how you could just stop talking to someone that you've spoken to for months and months. I still have feelings for her & I find it difficult to throw them away.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:13 PM

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Seems sad. Try to text her after 1 month , just a casual "Hey was just thinkg about you and wondering how you are?", keep it casual, if she still feels for you then will reply, if not then ignore her, meet new people and forget her

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:17 PM

I know exactly how you are feeling. I was in a similar situation to you once upon a time. I know its confusing for you and you feel alittle heart broken. How can something so good just disappear? She said she liked and cared for you, I cannot understand how feelings like that can vanish over night. To be honest Im not sure what has hapened for her to change her mind. At first I was thinking she has found someone else. Someone she may not love and who doesnt make her laugh and smile the way you do but someone who is there when you are not.maybe she is afraid to tell you the real reason.... Due to her finding someone else. she doesnt wanna break your heart although shes doing exactly that by pushing you away. Maybe her family doesnt approve of online meetings and convinced her its not safe because you dont know one another in the flesh. My other thought was that she could be messing you about. As you said she is emotionally immature which could mean she wants to feel loved and cherished which is why she acts like she really likes you.i know that sounds ridiculous and crazy but its possible. IVe done it before along time ago. I used to talk to a guy just as friends. He called me beautiful and made me laugh. I never fancied him but I loved the way he treated me. He was so nice. We used to talk for a year constantly on the phone,Facebook and even in person. He told me he loved me and I said it back not meaning a word of it. I was just too afraid that i could lose him. I didnt want our chats to end he made me feel special. But when he asked me out I withdrew from him. We never talked since.so if she is like me when I was a teenager then she probably doent care about hurting you in the process. Shes just reaching out for some emotional attention and hurting others along the way. The best thing is to try move on. I could be wrong about this all but I hope I helped and didnt confuse you to much. Good luck. You deserve a lovely girln not someone who messes you about