This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do you use twitter?
04-08-2014, 08:09 PM
how do you use twitter?
I keep making accounts and then giving up on it I want someone to teach me how to use it, what tweets means, what people use it for and what everything means it would be highly apreciated if anyone can help me and i will be choosing a best answer please help x Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:11 PM

Go to twitter to sign up. Enter the appropriate information (full name, email and password) on the right-hand side before clicking “Sign up for Twitter.” The website will then ask you to verify the information, choose a username and agree to the Twitter Terms of Service before proceeding.There will also be a check box to keep you signed in on whatever computer you’re using as well as a check box for tailoring your tweets based on the websites you visit. Check accordingly!

There will also be a check box to keep you signed in on whatever computer you’re using as well as a check box for tailoring your tweets based on the websites you visit. Check accordingly!Just like email, cell phones and global positioning systems, one can outrun Twitter only for so long. Eventually, your curiosity, susceptibility to peer pressure or just plain need to be included will likely lead you to the site.

When you get there, don't let the site's eccentricities scare you away. Available in six languages, as well as in various smartphone application formats, Twitter is essentially begging you to give it a shot. Sure, this corner of the universe can appear overwhelming to new inhabitants, but with a little help, it's actually easy to use. Armed with this article's information and tips, you'll be tweeting, following and hash tagging in no time.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:13 PM

A "tweet" is a comment you make.

In the box that says "compose new tweet" that's where you type in whatever you want to comment on.

The best way to get involved in twitter is to comment on things that interest you. EXAMPLE: maybe you're interested in a certain football team, or maybe you're interested in a certain TV show. So in the tweet box you'd make a comment about one of these things. People who are interested in the same things you are interested in, will eventually do a search on those items to see who is 'tweeting' about them, and if they see your comment, and they like what you are saying and find you interesting, then they will "follow" you.

So on the left side at the top you'll see: tweets (your comments), following (these are people you follow) and followers (people who follow you)

Following: these are people who make comments you like, so you add them to your 'follow' list. What this means is, all of their comments will always appear on your tweet board.

Followers: these are people who like the comments you make, and have added you to their follow list (like above, but it's on the other side). So everything you say will appear in their tweet board.

When someone makes a tweet that you like you can either/or: reply directly to it or "retweet" it (retweet means you are essentially forwarding the tweet to all of your followers.

It's not like facebook. It's a social media tool, yes, but the similarities end there.

By the way: to do searches on things that interest you (like a certain TV show I gave you an example above), you would use the search box that is at the very top. Using this example, you'd type the name of that tv show into the search box and it will come back and show you all of the tweets made about that show. If you see any people commenting that you like, you can 'follow' them (99% of the time they will follow you back)