This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
May I have some opinions here?
04-08-2014, 08:09 PM
May I have some opinions here?
I am a psychology major and I am doing an assignment that deals with social media. Specifically, with the image people project of themselves and other's impression of them and their lives compared to what they actually reported in real life in areas like happiness, life satisfaction, ect.Basically it deals with other's perceptions of someone based on social media and how much that may differ from the real picture.

I have volunteers who have allowed me to use them and their profiles for this assignment. I was wondering if you could take a look at the profile below and give me your ideas on this person. Like your impressions about her lifestyle, happiness and any other thoughts based on some statuses/some photos. I am not saying you have to look at every little thing but just whatever helps you form an opinion.

I know you cannot truly know a person by their profile and that's the point is to get people's impressions and thoughts compared to what was actually reported.

https://www.facebook.com/jessica.rankins.39

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:13 PM

WTF? This is a violation of privacy. Real psychology studies would not use the person's real profile, they would more likely take some photos and statuses from the profile and anonymize them so that you can't find the person's real profile.

You should be kicked out of the psychology major and never return - if you are actually doing a study that is. More likely you just want random Yahoo Answers users to stalk this person's Facebook.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply