This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Final episode of Roseanne?
04-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Final episode of Roseanne?
Seeing Facebook posts about the How I Met Your Mother finale being similar to the finale of Roseanne was brought up and can anyone explain the last episode to me?
Even though it has been about 8 years since I have seen the infamous Roseanne finale on Nick At Nite, all I remember was Dan died from a heart attack (which was after Darlene's wedding right?) and she says something about Becky being with David instead of Mark? Since I understand that part? Did they really win the lottery or was that part of her story she was writing? Can anyone explain to me what really happened in the final episode of Roseanne?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:11 PM

Here's what happened on Roseanne: Dan collapsed of a heart attack at Darlene's wedding to David. Dan survived, because DJ performed CPR on Dan until the paramedics arrived. This was towards the end of the eighth season. In the second episode of the ninth season, Jackie reveals that they all won the lottery. The ninth season gets kind of crazy now that they are rich. However, the series finale is one of the most agitating retcons in television history. A retcon, in case you didn't know is when they go back and change an already established fact. Roseanne, in a final narration, reveals that everything from the last season was made up by her to deal with Dan's death (he actually did die) and some things from before that she made up too.

And as for it being similar I do not even know about that finale of How I Met Your Mother that aired.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:14 PM

in the final episode of Roseanne, they had brought home David and Darlenes baby home from the hospital, everybody was visiting to see baby Harris.. in the final minutes of the ep, they are all in the kitchen eating chinese, as the camera pans around the table, Dan is talking about how all sausage is the same, and they focus on Roseanne, she starts talking in a narrative style how she actually lost Dan to a heartattack ( the one he had at Darlenes wedding ), they show the chair Dan was sitting in now empty... she went on talking about how hard it is to be a blue collar working woman who lost her husband, so she imagined a better life for her and her family, she talked about winning the lottery, and traveling to spas and fancy affairs like they on her favorite TV shows, she had felt that when Becky brought home David, he was a better fit with Darlene, so she switched them in her writings.. same with Mark and Darlene, she talked about how her sister was gay not her mother, but she made her mom gay so she could stronger and happier... . when she came up from the basement ( which was still her writing area from an earlier season ), she went to the living room which is shown to look how it always did, the old couch and chairs, the kitchen was the same... the re-modeling and re-decorating never happened, because they had never won the lottery...

the last minutes of HIMYM showed Ted and his kids, and his wife was gone, and the kids told him its time to move on and go ask Robin out.... perhaps the death is what they are comparing to Roseanne.. not sure though.