This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to hide these features on facebook?
04-08-2014, 08:10 PM
How to hide these features on facebook?
Hi, person browses facebook and finds me (he browses in facebook, not in some search browser (google, bing and etc). Is it possible to hide photos, likes, friends' list or some of these features in my fb profile from public people (not friends in fb)?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:17 PM

You can do that exactly through facebook security settings. HOWEVER, people can still find you even if you are private if you have a mutual friend.

Example: my profile is completely private, however, if someone goes on my husbands facebook friend list and searches for me, they can then find me. But they can not find me just by typing my name into the search bar.

you can't hide your profile photo but if you go to privacy settings you can say the only people that see specific things are on your friends list only.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:22 PM

Go to your account settings and change your privacy settings to only my friends can see my stuffSmile Then no one will see it but you and your friends Wink
04-08-2014, 08:27 PM

Set your privacy controls to "Friends Only". This way, only your friends can see anything you post and it should exclude friends of friends and mutual friends.

If you know who this person is, you can always block that person for added security.