This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I hate my generation, anyone else?
04-08-2014, 08:12 PM
I hate my generation, anyone else?
Everyone is addicted to social media and texting; and I enjoy the advances in technology and all but the amount it is used to is extreme. I also hate the way that as a kid, I was not allowed to play outside because it isn't safe anymore. My mum grew up in the area and she was allowed but the way society has changed means that it's not safe anymore. Girls don't feel safe outside by themselves anymore either, because the amount of predators has increaaed. There's also far too many people obsessed with sex, drugs and alcohol. If you don't participate or agree with it you're shunned. I guess the only positive I can think of is the medical and technological advances, but other than that I struggle to think of positives. I wish I was born in 1949 not 1999.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:14 PM

I too feel the same way even thought I'm a student.Where is the world coming to?!Wisdom is a lost art for my generation and those to come.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:20 PM

I like this generation. But there's things that always make me wonder why? Why would people do this or that. And the only answer I said to myself, is because people have backgrounds that they feel pressured and not loved. Some feel wasted, and gone. Some feel lost, and wonder.

You say you would rather be born in the 1940s. Sometimes I like to that. But not everyone would. Some would like to be born in the 2000s. However, They survived wars, but seeing people, and your friends get killed isn't fun to see. Some had troubles with money or jobs. But there's always a bright side to it.

Having to get up, and try to make everyone feel safe is hard. This world will change on its own. The thing we all should try to change is the environment.

We have lots of homeless. More drugs, and alcohol. More technology. More of this and that, that people didn't have back in the old days.

All I have to say, is try to survive through, and be positive. Because people will bring others down. Some will scare, and stalk. Some will do anything they want. And when the world continues just like that. Than what we'll be. Everyone is different. And everyone has different intentions.

Yeah, sometimes I feel like this generation can be kinda hard to get through. But life wasn't meant to be all rainbows, and pleasure. But I do get a feeling of lost ness, and sadness. But that won't stop me, from moving on Smile
04-08-2014, 08:21 PM

You probably wouldnt know. In the 1800s/1900s when the age was very downgraded like the ice age, certain things were very vulnerable. People were very close minded, boring, "religious" etc. Back then almost the whole planet was colonised by the british. There was racism, apartheid, hatred, colonisation, political criminals and all those stuff. In South Africa if a black man and a white man wanted to enter a shop, the black man may not dare go in first. A white man could get a black man in trouble just for swearing him or not giving him way on a sidewalk. Coloureds, Blacks, Indians and anything not white werent allowed to go to any university. Many Non-whites became bricklayers, ordinary teachers, miners, factory workers cos they couldnt afford university tuition. Today toddlers have no idea what apartheid is cos they have all types of friends and everyone is regarded as equal in the new South Africa and in the new world. Back then there was no treatments for certain diseases, no chemotherapy for cancer. So if you got this disease and that disease at the age of 15, too bad that would be the end for you. For an operation there was no anaestesia so they'd have to cut you wide awake. Telecommunication was very hard.

Today YES crime rate has increased but atleast we all equal. Irrespective of all circumstances i am not more happier to live in the modern era. Life is much easier and fun.

You think you are cursed to live today but think of all the negatives of the olden days then maybe you'll change your mind! You are happy but maybe you just dont realise it! :-)