This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I be worried about my husband's multiple email and Facebook accounts?
04-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Should I be worried about my husband's multiple email and Facebook accounts?
Ok, my husband is one of the millions of people who are addicted to the game Candy Crush on Facebook and android. Well, several months ago he said that he was getting tired of waiting on people to send him lives and tickets to progress in the game so what he did was create 3 additional email accounts then set up 3 fake Facebook pages so that when he runs out of lives or needs tickets to get to the next level he just send the requests to himself and within 15 minutes he's back to playing. He accepted me as a friend to one account because I was playing the game at the time but not anymore.

Well, this morning he was doing some things online where he was downloading a free 30 trial version of Microsoft Office 365 and he said that he couldn't do it with his main email account because he's already used that one so he was going to use one of his fake email addresses. He's currently in college working on his degree and he only has Office 2007 on his laptop and needs at least 2010 for a class. I questioned him on why he had so many fake accounts and he reminded me of Facebook and his Candy Crush addiction. If you wan to know, currently my husband is on level 534. Anyway, should I be worried about my husband and his multiple email and Facebook accounts? He doesn't have any friends on those accounts nor has he uploaded any pictures but that doesn't mean he still can't send or receive private messages.
At Smileyface,

Who said he was unemployed or that we don't spend time together?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:20 PM

It sounds like your husband is obsessed with games, specifically Candy Crush. He might have some obsessive-compulsive problems that he might need professional help with. To create 3 fake Facebook pages is ridiculous, and I'd let him know that you do not like it. It's possible that he is sending private messages, but I doubt it.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:26 PM

I believe him. I don't know what you're marriage is like, but from an outsiders perspective I think he's actually telling the truth. But I do think he needs to get another interest! It's abit of an addiction and effort to go to for a game haha.
04-08-2014, 08:35 PM

Obsessive compulsive disorder? Really Poo Bear? That's stretching a little don't you think? Millions of people are addicted to this game so does that mean that everyone has a personality disorder? I think it's kind of ingenious if you ask me. Why sit around and wait on people to send you lives or tickets when you can just send them to yourself. Obviously this guy isn't that obsessed if he's in college working on a degree so that to me means he has the ability to put the game down at some point. And to you wifey, you knew about these accounts so why now is it an issue when he's downloading some free software and uses one of them? He could be like a lot of men and have them and you not know a thing. You said it yourself that he's got no pictures or friends on those accounts. I don't see anything wrong with what he's doing as long as he's on the up and up with you, which it sounds like he has been.
04-08-2014, 08:40 PM

A married college student addicted to online games? And the wife is suspicious of wanting to be suspicious because he pays zero attention to her? Gee, is this a new thing? I mean, you married this guy, why? The sex? Your version of reality? How can anyone marry someone without a job, an income, money to pay the bills? What you are is neglected, the honeymoon is over and you are lonely and he is not giving you any attention. So, naturally you suspect another woman or many women. How classic is this? Since love is trust and I see no trust here, therefore I must conclude that there is no love. These go together. I have to be realistic since you are in need of realism. This is floating in your mind due to neglect. Either join him in his games and share at least that hobby or procure another one you both can share. Otherwise, this is going down the drain quickly. Where does he have the time to study, to play games? Where are you in his daily time schedule?
04-08-2014, 08:42 PM

Sounds like he is majorly addicted to that stupid game. It would be hard to make up a story like that. I know game addicts and they'll do anything to get ahead on a game. People are seriously addicted to that game so it wouldn't surprise me that he's telling you the truth. I have 3 email accounts. I need them for different reasons and that's very valid in terms of what he told you. If have one main account, I use this one to come on here and I've got another one for gmail. and I don't remotely keep up with this account or the gmail account
I just needed to open this one to do 'answers' and the other one for different reasons I can't even remember.
04-08-2014, 08:44 PM

You shouldn't be worried. You already said he has no friends on the fake accounts. You would have to worry if you noticed he had only attractive young women as friends on the fake accounts
04-08-2014, 08:46 PM

haha there is this guy i used to work with and he would play this game ALL the time lol. he needed more work in my opinion lol.. jk.

I think he's actually telling the truth.. I wouldnt worry so much.. but if youre concerned just keep your eyes peeled.. and trust your gut feelings..

I just know way too many people that play this game way to much lol... I mean i play it too but dang level 534... i didnt even know that game went that high lol...

oh and i have 4 email accounts for various things i do online.. One for my gamer(xbox) account.. one for my work stuff.. one personal one i've had since i was 13. and one becuase i was getting way too much spam on that old one but i didnt want to delete it completely...