This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Windows 7 Administrator account won't open internet browers?
04-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Windows 7 Administrator account won't open internet browers?
I have windows 7 on my laptop. I logged on to the administrator account today and and nothing opened correctly. For example I had to repair iTunes in the control panel for it to open. My google chrome doesn't open at all, I click on it but doesn't do anything. I was gonna uninstall and reinstall using IE but that only opens and immediately says 'something has gone wrong'. But everything works perfectly fine on the guest account.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:20 PM

Best to uninstall iTunes and then reload it.

Your preferences will stay there.

Sounds like you need to do a System Restore from SAFE MODE to last properly functioning date unless you have a pristine HDD Full Image Backup* of recent date to restore.

"from SAFE MODE" end quote

Use the Control Panel, System and Security, System, System Protection ...

*I use Acronis for that

Use your Antimalware and Antivirus scans more often, plus Chkdsk and Defrag (always backup only after that and only when all functioning perfectly -- what good is a flaky backup?)

Chkdsk

START, Computer, Right Click on C:, Properties, Tools,*** Disk Repair, put check mark(s) in, Start, Schedule, Yes, close and then Reboot

Leave your PC alone whenever doing System Restore, Chkdsk or any other self-maintenance. WAIT until you are SURE it is finished, and it should reboot by itself when it has finished...

***same place where you can do Defrag AFTER all the other stuff is done.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply