This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet connection problem?
04-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Internet connection problem?
Everyone else in my house has perfect internet connection and i have terrible connection and i am the closest one to the router if that helps. Do i have to open up my computer and do something to the wireless adapter thing??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:24 PM

its just your computer but you might want to go to the internet bars where ever they are on your screen and dissconnect the internet for a few minutes and then turn it back on and it should work.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:28 PM

Being close or far from the router makes no difference. Your laptop Ethernet adapter (wireless or wired) connection may not be setup correct or cannot transfer at speeds the router is setup. Older laptops used 54G, new laptops are now 1Gig. You should be able to look at the connection in the Networking control panel and it will tell you the speed it is connected. But, your laptop may not establish that speed, it might be lower. Check your adapter speeds from the Laptop manufacture, Dell, Apple etc.. Then have someone check the settings of the router wireless and see what speeds it is setup to transmit. There are so many variables it is not an easy answer.
04-08-2014, 08:37 PM

Well if no one else is having a problem, then I don't think it's the router. Honestly, this depends on a few things (1) what kind of device you have, and (2) how many devices are currently connected to the router.

In my household we have a variety of computers, xbox's, iPads, iPhones, iPods, Kindles, etc. I've noticed the internet gets extremely slow when everyone is on at the same time - especially if I'm using a device that requires extensive internet access - such as an xbox and playing on xbox live because it has to register all of the online players, the graphics, etc. If you can, see if you can turn off some of the devices that are not in use.

It could also just be a weird connection. Sometimes I have the problem where nothing will connect, even though on my computer it'll say I have full connection. Try these 1 of these 2 things or both: (1) turn the wifi/internet access on and off of the device or (2) unplug the router, wait a minute, then plug it back in and wait for it to connect. Usually after I do this it works.