This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet trouble need tips?
04-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Internet trouble need tips?
So I have charter Internet an live in a regular neighbor hood and have recently been having issues with my Internet. It started about a week before the new year. We've had the charter guys out 2 times and in about a week it goes right back to what it is now. So it was working last night and I came home after work to play some 360 and everything is shut down. I can get on my Internet but when I check I can't connect I've powers cycled 3 times and no results. It just randomly
happened and wanted to know if there are any other tricks to fixing this

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:34 PM

How many devices are connected to your network? Some ISP's ration the number of simultaneous devices that can be connected at once.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote :- It started about a week before the new year.
Reply :- Your problem has nothing to do with charter Internet
Answer :- it's the Operating System your using, It's well known for all it's problems

You should learn that windows id not the only computer operating systems in the world. there are others that a Free, they are superior and far more advanved Getting you to understand this is not an easy matter, you'll just ignor what I say so what's the point.

You can test your internet connection speed here if you can get online with windows.
http://www.speedtest.net/

To learn about the latest February 2014 free operating systems check these web links out
http://zorin-os.com
http://distrowatch.com

If you want to know more you can message me I'll gladly help you out
04-08-2014, 08:44 PM

There are none so righteous as the newly converted. This holds especially true for those in the mac and linux communities. I have used various flavors of linux and there are none that even come close to the capabilities of Windows. You have to constantly hack this or that just to get it to work with your devices. Do you find it interesting that, without word one, the commenter was able to diagnose your problem and lay it all in the lap of Windows. He does not actually know if you even have a Windows machine but is at the ready to bash WIndows. Linux does tend to be stable but it is certainly no panacea for computing. Neither is mac.

It actually does sound like a Charter problem if there was improvement each time the guy came out. I would suspect that it is a problem with the router. If you have a company supplied router, see if you can put your own on. Sometimes, especially with games, some routers get clogged up with trying to remember all of the game ports that are/have been used.