This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I cancel AT&T Internet installation? Will I get charged if I do?
04-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Can I cancel AT&T Internet installation? Will I get charged if I do?
I was having problems with my ISP. They disconnected my internet for not paying on time for two months (even though I did). After almost a month telling them and trying to show them that I paid, they did not solve my problem and they ended up disconnecting my Internet.

Frustrated, I called AT&T and I agreed over the phone to install the 1 year contract plan they offered me. They will send me a package to install the Internet on my own this Friday. They told me to make sure that my previous Internet was disconnected, otherwise the installation will not work.

After showing more proof of payment to my ISP, they called me and they FINALLY fixed my problem. They said they will connect my Internet back again tomorrow.

Now my problem was calling AT&T before solving my problem with my ISP, but I did not have Internet for days and this payment problem was becoming very annoying.
I cannot call At&t right now and ask because I use my dad's phone to call and he is not home at the moment.

So, my question is, Can I call AT&T and tell them to cancel the Installation and don't send me any package to install? Since it was a 1 year contract thing, will they charge me if I cancel? or they would charge me ONLY if I did Install the Internet in the first place?

Thank you very much.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:29 PM

since they will need to send the package at latest on Thursday, unless you notify them immediately they may charge a fee for that. They should not charge more than that. And if they try to turn on their service it might block the others from returning service.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply