This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is content enough for SEO?
04-08-2014, 08:25 PM
Is content enough for SEO?
I figure that Google doesn't want their search engine cheated.

With or without social media, is content enough?

If I write enough content, as long as it's worth reading, is it possible to get good traffic in the future?

For those who might know, if I were to write an article every day, then by the end of the year, if I created 365 well written articles that were very informative, and my site design was very slick and clean, what sort of traffic do you think I would be getting?

I own about 14+ sites now, 4 of which I try to juggle dominantly than others.
One site is about personal opinions, which I constantly recreate my site and content on this, I can't make up my mind...
another site is a helpful, informative site, but I haven't advertised this yet because i'm not sure if it's ready.
Two other sites are large image sites, based on certain niches.

Only making about $1+ per day, which is awful but i'm trying to figure out the big picture before I scatter random crap over my sites and have more work to redo than I can handle.

Thanks for all answers

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:31 PM

No - content is what keeps em coming back, but SEO is how they find you. You have two options, learn SEO (keywords, metadata, tags, etc.) or learn how to promote - for example, do you post links on Twitter, do you guest blog (great way to draw attention), do you comment on similar blogs (leave a subtle link - and by comment I mean something relevant, not just,hey great post), do you participate in discussion groups (LinkedIn, Google groups,etc).

Unless you work at promoting your sites, no one is going to show up. Keep your content fresh, write a blog, and promote promote promote..but don't push it in people's faces/

Suggestion, go to Ragan.com and sign up for their free newsletters (the PR one is really good).

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:40 PM

You have to create unique and engaging content, write content keeping your visitors in mind. People who wrote content for search engines are already paying the price.
04-08-2014, 08:44 PM

Only authority sites that webmasters willingly link to can get ranking without an aggressive backlinking campaign, be aware that increased quality standards require you to get quality links from relevant sites and mixing up the sources and link types to maintain a natural link profile is important.

Image sites are tougher for the search engines to rank, adding some short paragraph descriptions would really help their spiders categorize your site, at least use descriptive image file names and alt text so they can get some traction in Google image search.
04-08-2014, 08:51 PM

Of course good content has a big role in fast crawling of your website by search engine and in keeping audience coming back but other good techniques of seo are also important for more visibility of your website!
http://www.commuserv.com.au/seo_webdedesign.php
04-08-2014, 09:01 PM

Content is great, but you need to promote too.

When you first create your website, think of it as an island out in the middle of the pacific ocean that no one has heard of yet. How are you going to let people know that it exists?

It's not like the movie with Kevin Costner, "If You Build It They Will Come". You need to let people know it's there. You need to have bridges coming into you site from other authoritative sites. Think of the other sites linking in as airports that have planes that can fly to your island, or places for ships to pull into your island.

The more ways you have for people to get to you island, the more traffic you are going to get. SEO is part of it, but it is only 1 part. There are many other parts to it. Facebook is currently ranked the highest traffic site on the internet and it is not SEO it is a social site. SEO actually comes in second to Facebook.
04-08-2014, 09:08 PM

content should be unique and understandable visitor read easily so improve your page bosuns rate and visibility your site