This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is anybody else down for a ban on twitter in the professional sports?
10-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Is anybody else down for a ban on twitter in the professional sports?
I keep seeing news about bad things happening to athletes because of their "tweets" on twitter. I believe that the risks of twitter far any possible benefits. I think the use of twitter should be banned from professional sports in the United States. Thoughts?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:54 PM

I'll second that motion after I'm done w/ this poo.

Ads

at least during games what possible benifits can there be

Yes, good idea.

If I were a coach I would, and I think the decision should stay at that level. If your mind is more on twittering than the game I'll give you all the time you want to twitter on someone elses team or in free agency. If I send you in and you can't tell me what down it is without looking at the marker or the scoreboard what reason should I send you in

No.

Give a mouse a cookie and they'll want a glass of milk.

I agree. The fact that social networking sites seem to be spilling into professional sports now is pathetic. The fact that players seem to want to use them while playing, is even more pathetic. I think players should only be allowed to use Twitter if it is for a good cause such as charity, or in the offseason. Shaq is one example of a guy that has used Twitter appropriately as he isn't in the middle of a basketball game with a blackberry in his hand. NFL players seem to think that they can do what they want. The commissioner needs to step in, it's that simple.

How about a ban on Twitter for everyone. It's the most ridiculous website I've ever heard of.