This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Downloaded skype from a website that wasnt skype.com?
04-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Downloaded skype from a website that wasnt skype.com?
so it downloaded two programs and Im not sure what they are.. how can I make sure to get rid of all of them as it may be a virus
Some of the stuff is hidden.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:29 PM

use your control panel to uninstall whatever you downloaded!

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:30 PM

Ok, first of all that is more than likely a virus because some of the files are hidden. I highly recommend you delete it right now as you read my comment. Also never download stuff from other sites that promise you that you'll get a program (only download from the sponsored/creator of the program)
04-08-2014, 08:33 PM

1)firstly, the icon on your desktop, try to locate it and delete its files. not just the icon. if they say you cant delete it cuz its being used, follow step 2.

2)Secondly, go to your task manager (right click the bottom bar and select task manager) then look at processes. This are the current processes running on your computer. This part may be really confusing if your not sure what your doing, but this shows you everything running on your computer.

With the process tab open, look for the files that you just deleted in step 1, or anything related to step one and end process.

3) download microsoft security essentials. So it doesnt happen again