This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you choose good focus keywords for a Wordpress blog article?
04-08-2014, 08:28 PM
How do you choose good focus keywords for a Wordpress blog article?
I am contributing articles to a Wordpress blog and want to make sure they are SEO optimised. I haven't been using Wordpress for long and haven't yet got the hang of the focus keyword to give a good SEO score. Surely the focus keyword is the main topic of the article? Does it need to be just one word? Thanks for any advice!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:35 PM

You will find, in light of Google's increasing quality standards, an increasing number write firstly for their audience and not for search spiders, more often you would target a 2 or 3 word phrase that will not have as much ranking competition as a single word some choose a different primary keyword to feature in each article, just having it occur 2 to 4 times on the page, including header and meta title along with other relevant text that naturally occurs when writing authentic content may do. Menu Anchor text also containing the keyword may be helpful and safer than off site links repeating the same keyword anchor text.

Ideally a list of keywords that have been targeted wold be maintained for occasional SERP rank trend checking.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:39 PM

Focus keyword can be one word or two words or three words. It depends on the article topic.
04-08-2014, 08:44 PM

Research keywords bu using keyword research tools.
04-08-2014, 08:46 PM

I highly recommend applying Google Search Bot I have positioned my personal website to very first page with it. http://is.gd/gsbsoftware