This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can somebody explain how paying for google adwords works?
04-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Can somebody explain how paying for google adwords works?
I singed up for hosting with host gator and I got $100 in adwords credit. I know I can enter a promo code for payments but I still have to enter my credit or debit card, but I'm worried I will be charged on these and that can't happen. So how does paying google adwords work? And how can I prevent it from charging my debit card? Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:36 PM

Yes - here is a deal. You may use promocode, but first you should enter your CC info. After you spent $25 or $30 then will start using this $100.

Before system was have little fault and everyone can use promo codes as hit and run. Now times are changed and first you should spend money for this.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:43 PM

You do have to spend perhaps $10 min to activate an account, Actually the current Google promotion requires one to spend $25 to get the $100 bonus, a good deal in either case.

Of course they only want to offer this to people capable of spending more on advertising, hence the credit card, Google is not going to rip you off, the conservative thing to do is to set a daily spend limit for an advertising campaign. Without setting a limit one can burn through that $1000 and get debit card charges rather quickly.

Profitable Adwords advertising takes some effort, they have a "quality" score that effects ad cost, if your landing page content is well matched to the advertisement wording and has the necessary terms and privacy links, your ad cost will be reduced. Getting to know the Google keyword tool for research is essential.