This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to make a website?
04-08-2014, 08:29 PM
How to make a website?
I want to create my own website, I love to produce art and I would like to put it on the internet for everyone to see and enjoy (if you like that type of thing) and to sell because it is just lying around and to see if people would be willing to buy it. Yes I am only 16 and a female but I don't see any harm in trying, I would love for this to be my future career or just the beginning.
Thanks! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:37 PM

The bigger challenge may be getting people to the web site in order to see your stuff, it may be best to sell through some marketplace site like Ebay, Etsy.com (for hand crafted goods), bigcartel.com is a simple shopping cart for clothing and tee designers, bands, record labels, jewelry makers, crafters, and other artists. There are also the tshirt printing sites like Zazzle.com whee you can upload original art to be printed on shirts, mugs, etc.
To make a site with no programming skills, it's probably best to use a blog platform, there are free hosts like Google's Blogger.com or Wordpress.com, which does change a fee for some options. To get a feel for the style of Blogger sites you might do a Google search for: site:blogspot.com gallary
Odds are transactions are going to require the assistance of an adult over 18.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:41 PM

I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your enthusiasm and future goal. Building a website to display your art is easy. However, the biggest problem would be; to get visitors who are really interested in your art and who want to buy it. You see, offline business is different from online business.

1. In the Offline Business: You open a store in a mall, display your art, people happen to walk by. If they like what they see, then they can talk to you and you could get the sale. But initial investment is too high to start with.

2. In the Online Business: You may build a website, put all your art work in it and wait for some visitors to see your website, but you will not get other than a few visitors that you have invited by phone or directly. You will fail because of lack of traffic. Sorry to say that. But this is the hard reality of the online business.

97% of websites fail online because they lack visitors (traffic) who arrive to your website with an open-to-buy attitude.

I've been online for 6 years, and... Lucky you, there is a site that teaches you exactly how build a website that builds free traffic from search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc...) to you most anted response (ART piece). It is called site build it (SBI)

Only SBI! is taught as a formal e-business course at colleges and universities such as Arizona State and 30 other universities. It has all the tools, software and ebooks that you need to succeed and the yearly hosting fee is really affordable.

All hosting companies will give you a website, but, nobody will give you the tools for success except SBI.

Copy the link below and read more about the C ==> P ==> T ==> M method and SBI. Good luck...
04-08-2014, 08:51 PM

If you want to succeed online you need to offer something in the crazy passionate market where a lot of money is spent. i.e; Money and Finance, Health and Fitness, Making Money Online (which is a super hot niche) Information Products, Dating and Relationships and so on. Make your money first and pursue your passion later (selling your art, which is a brilliant idea).

However you need to learn:-
1. Wordpress (a blogging platform the search engines love) and search engines are a powerful source of free traffic. And it's a hell of a lot easier to build a site with this than with the old html.
2. You need to master 2 sources of traffic, Paid traffic and Free traffic. Free traffic can be generated via articles, social media i.e; Twitter, FaceBook and YouTube among others and is a long term strategy. Paid traffic is immediate, but getting this method right requires patience and research.
3. You need a landing page (squeeze page/ lead capture page) to build an email list to sell other similar products to people on your list. And last but definitely not least you need to learn how to write "web copy".
4. Web Copy or as its also known Copy Writing (not to be confused with copyrighting a legal mechanism to protect your ownership). Web copy are words which prompt potential customers to get their credit cards out and purchase. This talent is for hire in places such as Odesk and Elance but the writers can be busy. The alternative is to write your own copy by learning this talent, and not only selling your products (art and whatever else) but possibly becoming a Copy Writer yourself, which could be extremely lucrative.
5. For help in presenting yourself and your products Tyrone Shum and Justin Teoh will educate you on YouTube in the art of Video Marketing. You can also check YouTube for Green Screen methods which together with Chroma Key and Sony Vegas will allow you market your art in the background Smile

Once you learn these 5 skillsets you can better fulfill your dream of selling unique and original art. But now you will avoid failure because you will posess the above skills to enable you to position yourself before as many buyers as possible and have a fully functional website to showcase your product.

You can find the skillsets on YouTube, that's not the problem. The problem is sorting the crap info from the genuine info and that takes time. If you spend enough time you can save yourself unnecessary fees and build a good solid education, and generate cash from practically nothing. Also, check out Maria Veloso - Web Copy That Sells.

Sincere Good Luck
I hope this helps Smile
04-08-2014, 08:55 PM

By webs, Make your own free website with photos, videos and ecommerce. Free web hosting. Website builder for personal, groups and small business.