This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
live stream on internet connection 512 Kbps?
04-08-2014, 08:29 PM
live stream on internet connection 512 Kbps?
hellow friends ..i have 512?Kbps internet connection but whenever i want to see any live tv channel it does not shows well i have 1.5 gb ram and T2400 1.83 1.83 processor....and windows 7 operating system ?any help....thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:35 PM

It depends on what app are you using tv chrome or tv fox then you probably don&#x27;t have the right codecs or drivers outdated or outdated windows media player

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:44 PM

a full live stream at only 0.5mbps - all I can say is forget it. You need to see if you can get a faster connection somehow. We're on 2mbps here in a rural area of England and even that struggles sometimes with streaming.

Also if your internet is ADSL you might find trying to watch it late at night or early morning might be better, as there will be less people on at those times (plus ensure you only have one device on the internet - don't share it with other things like phones/laptops/etc as that slows it down more), but really 0.5mbps is way too slow for any type of tv channel streaming, you should be fine for radio though as long as you only listen to one station at a time.
04-08-2014, 08:44 PM

2 Mbps is required for SD video. This is 4 times more than the bandwidth you currently have available to you. I help run a Livestream video stream, and our 720p video streaming requires 4 mbps of bandwidth. I hope you have another internet provider available to you, if it's important to you. Or, contact your current internet provider, which I suspect is a DSL company, and see if they have higher bandwidth plans that you can subscribe to. Good luck.