This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
suspicious kijiji ad?
04-08-2014, 08:30 PM
suspicious kijiji ad?
So I got an email for an ad I posted on Kijiji, but it seems somewhat suspicious to me. The guy Patrick Friesen, says that he wants to rent for march fully furnihed in the byward market in Ottawa for $650 a month all inclusive including cable and internet, which seems fine to me...however he recently emailed back saying that he and his family lives in Italy and he needs me to guarentee that I will be interested

"Dear Adam,

Nice to meet you!

You have a nice profile and I think you could be the new tenant.

I hope we can set up as soon as possible an appointment to discuss the terms and view the apartment.. Before we go further, I would like to tell you a little bit about me and my family, I want to give you some insight into who I am.

I'm currently 43 years old and married. I'm very career focused and will be spending a lot of my time at the office. I work hard for my family. I'm a mature individual, very sincere, respectable and love friending new people. I'm a caring person who believes in taking good care of things!
My wife is speech language pathology, her name is Angelina and we have one daughter, Bethany, that is 3 years old.

I resided in this apartment with my family, I lived in it for over 6 years, loved every day of it, until 3 months ago when I got the opportunity to open a franchise ( a small business ) in Rome, Italy. We've tried to develop a family business, but unfortunately the things didn't work the way we've expected and now I'm at one step from losing my market.
I had all my family moved here, I like it there but I think it's a better market here in Rome, I want to start a new life, in 4/5 years I will decide if I will keep it, and get back in town or if I will sell it and move forever in Italy, you never know!

This is the second time I tried to rent the apartment, I had a deal with somebody before who said he will rent it if I come back... So I got a plane ticket, and guess what!? When I arrived there, he didn't show up and after 2 days he gave me a call and said that he is sorry but he can't rent it anymore, because he has no money.
It was unfortunate that my past bitter experience of inviting people to come and view my apartment without any form of confirmation of their financial ability and not keeping up to time as at when scheduled, has brought about great loss to me.. So don't get me wrong and don't take it personally, but I don't want to buy another plane ticket to come and fall for it once more... No offence!

We can meet this weekend to discuss the terms and view the apartment. I'll buy a plane ticket for this week and I'll come in short time, but first of all I have a small request to you if you can help me.

My wife, also, has her apartment that try to give it to rent and I'd like to find a tenant for it, but I can't post an announcement from where I'm right now ( I read through the terms and conditions and apparently they can stop people from other countries to place an announcement on Kijiji.ca ) and I would appreciate, if you could help me.
E-mail me back and I will give details of the announcement about the apartment that I want to give it for rent and you'll create an free Ad on Kijiji, just in a few minutes!

I'll buy a plane ticket tomorrow and within 3 / 4 days I will come back and this way I will also reserve the apartment for you and refuse other offers.

I will wait your quick response, because I need to know if I can count on this rental with you!

Our very best,

Patrick & Angelina"

_________

Should I trust this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:34 PM

Sounds trustworthy.
I would go with it, sounds like she is just trying really hard.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:39 PM

No. This is spam.
04-08-2014, 08:43 PM

looks all fine, would be alot of work for a hoax (but some of the people think its worth it). if it would take alot of effort to check then dont bother but if its not that much out of the way no harm in trying. Smile
04-08-2014, 08:46 PM

No dont go for it he sent me almost an identical email except his wife&#x27;s name is Gabriella and not angelica ... It is a very well thought out hoax !!! He was trying rent us a place in red deer Alberta for 1000$ with everything included. DONT FUCKING DO IT !!!!! I&#x27;m copying this post AMD sending it to him. He stopped responding once I requested verification on who he was.