This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ebay/paypal scam?! Helppp?
04-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Ebay/paypal scam?! Helppp?
I recently posted some shoes on ebay, the buyer agreed on price and wanted my paypal email, I gave it to him. But he hesitated soo long just to simply send me the funds, once he did I received an email
In plain text that said I received a payment from that buyer but that They will not be "released" until I submit a tracking number...last week I sold an item and when he sent me the payment even on email it showed almost like a website email with paypal on it. Seems really odd. I did read about the buyer protection stuff BUT wouldnt my acct at least reflect that it's there? HELPPP

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:42 PM

You got scammed. You NEVER give your Paypal email to any buyer on Ebay. Ever. They don't pay you directly - they MUST pay through Ebay's checkout page. These scammers try to get your Paypal details because they know this is an OFFSITE transaction that offers you NO protection from either Ebay or Paypal. In fact, it will result in your Ebay account being closed
Paypal will NEVER ask for a tracking number before the payment is released -that's a fake email
If you go to Paypal.com and there is NO money and you go to your Recent Transactons in Ebay and there is NO money, then this scammer did not send any money

Forward that email ASAP to spoof@paypal.com then report the buyer as a scammer to Ebay
Also change your Paypal email ASAP. These scammers use password hacking software to hack your account

Going forward you NEVER give your Paypal address to anyone on Ebay for any reason. If they ask for it, do not respond to them and report them to Ebay for attempting to do an offsite transaction. Also as a new seller DO NOT offer the Buy It Now option - 99% of scam attempts will use this as their accounts are rarely open long enough to complete the bidding process. And make sure your settings show you DO NOT ship overseas as 95% of scams will be from overseas buyers. Also state very clearly in your ad that you will ONLY ship to Paypal verified addresses, nowhere else

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply