This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will social media change the world?
04-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Will social media change the world?
Hi so for my media A2 i'm making a documentary on the impact of social media on our lives and it would be great to get your views on it!

1) Do you use any type of social media? e.g Facebook/twitter/tumblr/youtube

2) How has your use of social media impacted on your life?

3) Do you think social media is an integral part of our lives?

4) Do you think social media has impacted culture?

5) Has social media created a global culture? (a worldwide culture where everyone has the same values, norms and ideas on how to live) Or has it allowed us to be accepting of different cultures by making it easier to learn about them?

Thankyou! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:43 PM

Social Media is already changing the world , as a culture and as individuals. I use Facebook and I have a Twitter account but, I don't use it at all. I have an anonymous account where I give out Cheerleading and Dance advice.

Social Media has impacted my life because I have been Cyberbullied so because of that anytime I want to do Advice videos on YouTube I don't because I don't want someone to see me who I know and than start things on YouTube. So any type of accounts other than Facebook I use them discretely If I can. Because I refuse to be bullied again.

I do think Social Media is an integral part of our lives.
It has impacted our culture because now we cannot do rarely anything without some type of Technology or Social Media use. What should be considered phone calls are now Facebook Status , arguments between a couple is now becoming text messages instead of something face to face until it's too late.

It's ridiculous.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:48 PM

We all know that social media are changing the world, but do you know how much? There are two different perspectives when it comes to this question. First, there is the fact that social media has changed our individual lives and our daily habits. Most people check their social media accounts before grabbing their coffee each morning, which says a lot about its impact. Next, there is the question pertaining to how much social media is changing our world overall.

This infographic called How Social Media Is Changing The World by My Life lays it all out in a very nice way. Social media is changing the world in almost every way. In other words, if you look at almost any industry, on the planet, you’ll be able to see the effects of social media.

One out of every 7 minutes spent online is on Facebook, and Facebook alone has not only changed how people get into relationships, but also how they get out of them. I’m sure divorce attorneys around the world have an easier time gathering evidence since it’s now only a few clicks away. But the effects of social media stretch far beyond our relationships, and how we handle them.
Read More: http://www.bitrebels.com/social/social-m...orld-ways/