This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Torrent download speed help?
04-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Torrent download speed help?
Say I'm downloading a torrent and I'm using a laptop.would using a wired connection do anything or is it all about the seeders,leechers and peers that affect the download speed...and any bs answers are getting flagged by multiple accounts

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:37 PM

Yes. Its mainly the number of seeders (More is good) and Leechers (Should be less) that affects the downloading speed. Even if you are on a high speed network.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:41 PM

Seeders and leechers affect a lot for torrent download. I would recommend you to use a wired connection rather than wireless because the range of the signal affects the download speed
04-08-2014, 08:50 PM

Wireless is never as fast as a wired connection however getting speed on uTorrent is based on Seeders and Leechers
04-08-2014, 08:52 PM

A wired connection is more stable that's it, and for torrents the download speed is heavily based on seeders, the torrent client you're using plays a small role too.
04-08-2014, 08:53 PM

Wired is CAN BE majorly faster than Wireless depending on other factors (I can hit 2Mb/s on some files)

ISP's often limit torrent speeds.
your torrent client often affects speed, check the options for other settings (# of connections)
other internet access reduces the amount available for the torrent.
increasing the upload rate for the file will increase the # of people downloading to you.