This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are you required to respond to/thank someone who follows you on Twitter?
04-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Are you required to respond to/thank someone who follows you on Twitter?
This is a small freak-out so I apologize if this is a little lame.

THIS person (who followed me) is a minor celebrity (not some major singer or actor, like Gaga or Bradley Cooper). I had only followed him....until yesterday. I finally tweeted in response to a pic, like many others did. He fav'd & RT'd, which was very nice. I wake up this morning to find that a few hours later....he followed me!! For me....an OMG!! moment.

I am primarily a follower & like it. I've never worked on getting followers.....I now have 5 (woo!) I've never needed other people watching me. I only have just over 200 tweets, so see, I'm a minor tweeter. I think people are interesting.

So, is it normal twitter etiquette to thank my new follower? Will it look bad if I don't? I want to do the right thing, but it's strangely scary, but if I should.....I will.

Thanks for even reading and/or responding to this silly question.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:40 PM

You don&#x27;t have too

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:48 PM

I wouldn't bother unless you wanted to.
I mean celebs who have 25 thousand followers don't go and thank every single one. They might post once a year saying "thanks you guys for sticking with me and following me" - but they might not.
Sorry to burst your OMG! bubble but to him you are 1 of however many followers - he's probably not going to notice your tweet thanking him (he might do though but he probably wont respond to it).
I get the omg moment though - I like a page on facebook that sometimes has questions with a band - first 30 questions submitted get an answer. And when you see your question in the top 30 you have a moment to freak out. Then the band read and answer (using your fb name to address you) but then you come back to earth and realise that to them you are just another fan who they don't know