This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New seller on ebay please help?
04-08-2014, 08:37 PM
New seller on ebay please help?
Hi im want to sell some antique porcelain figurines on ebay but im new and they are verry expencive figurines i just want to know if the figurine arives broken to the buyer do i lose the money? Is ther any way i can insure the item with ebay or with the post office so nor me or the buyer lose ther money?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:46 PM

You can insure the items with the post office. It would probably be worth it if the figurines are expensive. The post office clerk will ask if you want insurance when you take it there.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:55 PM

If the item arrives broken, yes you will lose your money because a complaint will be opened on eBay and Paypal.

What can you do?
1. Wrap the figurine in bubble wrap.
2. Put a layer of newspaper or packing peanuts in the bottom of the box, then put the figurine in the box.
3. Put another layer of newspaper or packing peanuts on top of the figurine, then seal the box.

When you get to the post office, tell them you want insurance, tracking and return merchandise receipts. You will pay for this so be sure to give your buyer an amount for shipping as close to your cost as possible. Use the post office online tools to make a good guess about shipping costs and how much you may pay.

Contact your buyer via email and let them know when to expect the package, do it the same day you put the package in the mail. Don't delay on this because if anything goes wrong (the post office losses it or whatever), then you have proof you sent it for eBay and Paypal claims.

Keep all the receipts until your buyer tells you it arrived, they have looked at it and it's just as described.