This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to Increase Website Traffic am i doing something wrong?
04-08-2014, 08:40 PM
How to Increase Website Traffic am i doing something wrong?
Hi thanks in advance I have tried to make my own website but I have not been able to attract much traffic to it I have installed all in one seo but I am lucky if I get 3 visits in a day I seem to be going round in circles http://www.emergencyelectriciansinmanchester.com hope you can help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:49 PM

Its a nice website, but nothing there to draw people in who do not need an electrician. If you want people to visit you and keep coming back (and remember you even when they don't need an electrician), you need to provide some incentive in the form of unique and ever changing content. For example, you should have a blog written by the CEO/Owner whatever that changes twice a week and highlights things of interest - it doesn't even have to be electrical in nature (for example, the circus is coming to town, what type of lighting do they use, fun facts about the circus, etc.). You do re-wiring, lighting etc. - are there any new products on the market. How is lighting used in interior decorating to enhance the living space. Safety tips on working with electricity. Link out to catalogs of your lighting suppliers, electrical equipment supplies. I assume you hook up generators - a column on what to look for in a generator and why.

Then, get a Twitter account. Post interesting articles from sources once or twice a day (when you write your blog, tweet the new blog with a link and use the #electricity hashtag (don't forget to use a url shortener). Retweet relevant articles...follow people in your field (they will follow you back and increase your reach). get a Facebook page (link it to your regular homepage) and post relevant info (your blog, etc - see Twitter) and respond to people. Finally, look for places to share your knowledge - a simple response to a bulletin board question about electricity or a comment on a local bulletin board with your URL will eventually drive traffic once you have proven to be trustworthy as an expert. Don't always make it about McGrath - make it about your expertise (think about it - do you trust your car to some guy with a web site or do you trust it to someone who is willing to share some knowledge and has proven himself [or at least seems to have proven himself] to be competent or an expert in fixing cars.).

While SEO is important in ranking yourself on the search engines, because you have such a specific market (people looking for electrical help) in a very specific area (Manchester), your goal should be to grab people a different way through social media and marketing.

Just saying Smile

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:56 PM

Give it time
04-08-2014, 09:06 PM

I agree with Steve D. Apparently, he knows what he's talking about. To add to this, it isn't just about increasing traffic to your website. You can have high traffic, but few would buy your service. So, the key there is to attract the right customers.

How to go about doing this? This will take time. But, it works. So, here goes: never talk about your company as much as addressing the problems facing the customers. They don't care who you are. they only care if you can be trusted and fix their problems. These are the key terms: trust and fixing their problems.

And the way to do this online is to create a blog and posts articles based on your encounter with customers who certainly have problems. Write about those problems, and give them tips and advices for each of the specific problems. They will appreciate you and learn, gradually, to trust you.

Now, twitter and Facebook are 'supporting cast' for your blog. Twitter and Facebook are important but not necessary; whereas blog is both important and necessary.

So, don't talk about your company; address customer needs and problems. It's the only way they'll listen to any business that listens.
04-08-2014, 09:09 PM

I disagree with almost everything that has been said here - except that it is a smart looking website.

Now, you have a domain that suggests you want to rank for Emergency Electricians in Manchester and yet you never mention the words "Emergency Electrician" on your home page so Google can conclude that you are up to no good.

If users search for "Emergency Electricians in Manchester" they expect to find a list of Emergency Electricians in Manchester - not AN emergency electrician. So Google is correct in keeping you out of its rankings and users happy.

Next, who does rank for those kind of services? Well mostly directories. So instead of fiddling around writing a blog or whatnot get your directory listings sorted out:
- full descriptions
- correct contact details
- lots of photos
- collecting customer reviews (especially on your Google+ page)
- etc.

Google+ Local now takes up large parts of the SERPs for searches relating to your services so it is your number one priority and you can optimise your Google+ business page just as effectively as your own webpage as well as add updates and special offers.

The time you have spent on your home page is not wasted - some people will want to see it for extra confidence and it will certainly give them that. But get listed on the sites that rank - it will take you a month of Sundays or a budget you will not see a return on to outrank them ...