This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can kindle giftcards be used in Australia?
04-08-2014, 08:41 PM
Can kindle giftcards be used in Australia?
I have gotten a kindle Australian and some gift cards for my birthday. The gift cards seem to be only synced to the US amazon website. Can I buy EBook then put them on my kindle? I spoke to a sales assistant but she seemed very rehearsed and really didn't answer any questions. If gift cards do work in Australia can someone please help me in how they work. Im getting very frustrated

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:47 PM

To buy ebooks all Amazon accounts must have a credit or debit card even if you plan to only buy free books or plan to add a gift card balance to the account before purchasing any ebooks. The ebooks purchasing is 1-click (no shopping cart) and a requirement of that is having a debit or credit card in the account.

I think Amazon US gift cards can only be used at Amazon US.

PREVIOUSLY Australians had to use Amazon US for Kindle stuff. But Amazon JUST (November 2013) opened an Australia site for Kindle books.
http://www.amazon.com.au/

So that is a quandary. I imagine now it would be best (or even required) for you to register your Kindle to an Amazon Australia account and buy ebooks there (since you live in Australia). BUT I don't think you can use Amazon US gift cards there. In addition, a Kindle can only be registered to one account and use the content purchased by that one account (though you could later de-register, the content would be deleted, and you could register it to a different account).

I recommend you use the yellow Contact Us button here and ask Amazon Australia if your US gift cards can be used at the new Amazon Australia.
http://www.amazon.com.au/gp/help/custome...eId=508510

Once you straighten that out and have your Kindle registered, you can buy ebooks and they will be delivered over Wifi to your Kindle. If you have a home Wifi network (wireless internet) then your Kindle can connect to that, or any other Wifi network (like at work or school or at a shop that offers Wifi) if you have the security key (aka WEP key) for the network (if any).

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:53 PM

This is what I got when I signed in. I have a .com and it suggests i change to a.com.au perhaps open a .com and then buy what you want then transfer to the .com.au account Hope it helps